Custom Search

Sunday, August 7, 2011

COMBINING FAITH WITH SEED

Memorise: "But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?" (James 2:20)

Read: Romans 8:27-28

A brother had some dollars which he had purposed to use for something. He kept the money in the inner pocket of one of his jackets. Later, while going for a special church service, he 'mistakenly' put on the jacket he had planned not to use. During offering time, a call was made for a special offering. Everyone was asked to give their best. As he dipped his hand into his inner pocket, he brought out the dollars. He almost screamed as he realized his 'mistake'. While attempting to return the money, the Lord asked him to drop it. That was a hard buy! After moments of struggling, he finally dropped all the dollars into the offering, blaming himself for the mistake. A few days later, he got a financial breakthrough that exceeded his expectations. He immediately by the witness of the Holy Spirit traced the harvest to that offering. Then he thanked God for his 'mistake'. The mistake that will compel you to enter into your harvest, the Lord will cause you to make this season in Jesus' Name.



If you sow in tears, you will reap in joy (Psalm 126:5). If you combine your seed with your faith, you will achieve a good outcome. Sometime ago, I went to visit our missionaries in Ghana. After the visit, they accompanied me to the airport. Since my driver will be waiting for me at the airport at Ikeja, Lagos, I decided to give all I had to the missionaries. Moments later, it was announced that the airbus that should take us to Nigeria will first stop over in Sierra Leone. Suddenly hunger pangs hit me hard. I was not fasting and now I had no money to buy some food. At some point it occurred to me to make a decree. So I decreed that the officers of Ghana Airways will not rest until I left Ghana. Five minutes later, all the officers rushed to us upstairs and asked if those of us going to Nigeria were hungry. They served us cake and soft drinks and gave me double portion. Before I was through with the meal, it was announced that the airbus taking us would now first stop over in Nigeria before heading for Sierra Leone. While about to board the plane, I reversed my earlier decree and said the airline officials can now have their peace. If your sacrificial seed is backed by faith, it can work wonders for you.





Faith without a seed delivers scanty or empty harvest but faith backed by a sacrificial seed yields great results.

No comments:

Post a Comment