Custom Search

Saturday, August 6, 2011

PURPOSE OF THE ANOINTING

Memorise: "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him" (Acts 10:38)

Read: Isaiah 61:1-7

The anointing has potentials for growth. Like a new born babe, it can be developed to a point of maturity. When the anointing newly came on Peter, and after decreeing his healing he had to grab the lame man and pull him up before the miracle took place. But later, he did not need to support his decrees with hands anymore because his anointing grew to the level of healing the sick by his shadow. When I first began to pray for the sick, I used my children as experiment. When on reaching home, they complain of headaches, I ensured there was aspirin at home. I would pray for five minutes, but if it persisted, I would give them aspirin. My faith was small but the anointing was fresh and God met me at my level of faith. God never put my little faith to shame. When I realized that it was working for the children, I began to extend it to my friends. By His grace, today, I can pray for the sick anywhere.


It is sad however that many believers have been anointed but have failed to develop it. The anointing had remained dormant in their lives. God did not anoint you for decoration. He wants you to always put a demand on the anointing so that when spent, He will refill you. The sick are around you not for you to tell them 'Sorry', but to bring down the healing power of God upon them. If you are scared or shy like me, you could start from your family. Extend it to your friends and church members. Before long, you would see God's faithfulness. However, the anointing cannot operate on its own; it must be operated by faith. Without faith, the anointing remains dead or asleep but when faith comes, it will come alive and do exploits. Today's reading clearly spells out what to do with the anointing: Preach the Gospel to unbelievers and sinners, heal broken hearts, liberate those in captivity, and open the prison gates for the prisoners. With it, you can bring down God's vengeance, comfort mourners, reverse unpleasant situations, break yokes of sorrow, discouragement and depression and facilitate restoration etc. What have you accomplished with the anointing? Remember, one day, you shall stand before God to account for what you did with the anointing He deposited in you. On that day, what will you say? Rise into action today and Heaven will back you up.

Search for those in need of God's touch and make a demand on the anointing of God on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment