Custom Search

Sunday, August 7, 2011

YOU WILL BE SOUGHT AFTER

Memorise: "The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee, The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel" (Isa 60:14)

Read: 1 Samuel 22:1-2

The new anointing can be so powerful. It can repeat whatever it has done for your spiritual father. It can re-open closed doors and turn the mocked into a celebrity. Similarly, the new anointing can turn a nobody into one who is much sought after. In 1 Samuel 16:11-13, when Samuel came to the house of Jesse shopping for a kingly candidate, nobody presented David. His father did not. Not even his brothers considered him for such an honourable office. It took Samuel to ask specifically for him before his name could be mentioned with ignominy. But in 1 Samuel 22:1-2, after David was anointed and went on exile to cave Adullam, the same brothers who saw nothing good in him initially came to submit themselves under his authority to become their captain. Have people written you off as a nobody? Do they marginalize, deny you your rights and consider you unfit for any meaningful position? The anointing will reverse that situation in your life this season. You that the builders and king makers have rejected will soon become the chief corner stone in Jesus' Name. You will be sought after. You will be transformed into a very important personality by the anointing.




While lecturing at the University of Lagos, after taking my Maths class, I usually walked with my students to their next class so that I could have an opportunity to tell them about Jesus. One day, the daughter of a notable Muslim leader told me: "You are paid to teach Maths: Teach it and shut up". After this encounter, as I was preparing for my class one day, this female student looked at her two hands and saw some strange Arabic writings under her skin. Frightened, she rushed to my office weeping and asking for help. I told her I was paid to teach Maths and my students were already waiting. By the time I returned from the class, she was rolling on the ground weeping. So I told her I could now tell her about Jesus. Immediately, she gave her life to Jesus and we prayed a simple prayer. She looked and still saw the writing there but I told her not to worry but return to her campus. By the time she reached for her key to open the door, she glanced at her hands and the mysterious writing had disappeared. She once despised me but the anointing made her to seek me. Those despising you will seek you. Ask God for the new anointing to increase upon your life.







Father, by your anointing, cause all those who despise me to both honour and look up to me from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment