Custom Search

Saturday, August 6, 2011

FAVOURED

Memorise: "But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD" (Gen 6:8)

Read: Genesis 6:5-8

My first trip from Nigeria to Canada was on board a Nigeria Airways airbus. It was billed to take me to London and from there, I would connect a flight through British Airways. By the time the Nigeria Airways airbus arrived London, the British Airways had left. We were late. Being my first trip outside Nigeria, I was at a loss. However, the lady at the British Airways counter dismissed my fears, noted a few things, booked me into a hotel, gave me a meal ticket and led me to where to catch the bus to my hotel. I thanked her and while collecting the materials she handed to me, she placed a call to Nigeria Airways informing them of the hotel reservation she had made for me. An argument ensued between her and the fellow she was speaking with so I quickly took my leave. The following morning, on return to the airport, I got to know that everyone who missed the British Airways plane like myself slept at the airport. God simply singled me out for favour.




We arrived in Canada at night. It was very cold, and there was a long queue where we were to register. I was in Canada to attend the World Conference of Applied Mathematicians. A female officer at a table walked up to me, asked for my name and where I came from. After informing her, she left and later returned with a big cup of tea and sandwiches. Everyone else watched speechlessly. As I sipped the last drop of tea, she returned after completing my registration and got someone to lead me to where I would stay. After the conference, we were conveyed to a government owned farm to see the big cows. We were served food. The grass was green but the ground was very cold. Although I desired to sit on the grass, I could not for the cold. Just then, a white man beside got to know that I could not sit on the ground because of the cold, so he spread his jacket on the grass and I sat down and we began to talk about Mathematics. If God is going to choose one boat, it would be yours. This season, the Lord will see the crowd but locate you. He may see your entire family but pick you. When you are favoured, you will pay less to get things done. What some pay for will come free. Everything works for the favoured. Like Noah, you will find grace before God and be spared every destruction awaiting you this year.







Ask God for uncommon favour upon your life and family this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment